Sunday 2 February 2014

Meeting Trouble By Emme Rollins


So, it's not the perfect ending, but it's surely an awesome book.

It's a once in a lifetime dream come true that could blossom into so much. I think this book could be titled 'The Most Perfect Weekend with a Rock Star'. I learned more about these two characters in a weekend, than I do with some 400 page novels, that last months and years. The emotions were real, the conversations flowed and the sex was great!

Some how, Emme Rollins found a way to roll up a lifetime worth of events and feelings into one weekend, without giving it too much of a fairy tale ending, or making it seem compressed to the point of bursting.

I love Rob and I love Sabrina. Both as individuals and a couple. Their 'Happy Accident' was believable and their weekend adventure left me feeling ecstatic. I craved their conversations, because it had context and base. Every minute spent with them was interesting, exciting and memorable.

I hardly ever read rock star romance novels about the doting fans and what their reactions would be like if they got the opportunity Sabrina got. I don't know about any one else, but I love this representation and progression. Minor characters were unnecessary after the initial meet. Traversing this story with just them and no one else was better than I imagined. This novel didn't even end with much closure, but I don't care. I think it's the perfect ending for them, and I would be lying if I said that I might dread a book two spoiling the chemistry and note we left this story on.

When the realistic moments of a novel stand out, as oppose to the fiction within it all, I admire and commend that. We all know that it's a once in a lifetime opportunity/chance, but we don't feel it throughout. I was too caught up having a good time with the characters.

I have never read a Emme Rollins book before this one, but I would call myself a fan. I love her writing and attention to details. I love how every moment seemed real and none of it a dream. I kept wondering what Sabrina and Rob was talking about, because the reality was so good. I lived for every chapter and never wondered about the end.

If you are looking for a nice Sunday afternoon read, where you get to roam Detroit with an impractical practical mega fan and a not so complicated but deep rock star, then pick up this book! You won't be disappointed ... or at least, I wasn't :)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18658219-meeting-trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment