Monday 14 October 2013

The Dark Light of Day By T.M. Frazier


Well this was different. I loved this story, I loved the character, I loved the progression, I just love it all! This story found a way to be complicated and uncomplicated in the same breath. This is a story about perception, survival, honesty and so much more. I don't know what I expected from this novel, not much in retrospect, but I like what I got.

I fell in love with Abby from beginning to end and don't get me started on that fine specimen that is Jake Dunn. Now he's the real "mechanic"! I just love them. I think I was more in love with the couple in this nove than I was with the story line itself. I missed them and I hurt with them. Their wit, banter, reasoning, reactions. It all helped in that connection you got with this story and it's characters. They are funny when needs be and they always have each other's back, even when it seems all hope is lost.

Abby's penchant for speaking her mind was lovely. It was raw, truthful and nothing else. Just pure honesty with an occasional side of sarcasm. It's who she is, and you never got anything else but Abby.

Not everyone can and will be able to understand this story or the characters. They understand each other though and I love when they fight because it so passionate, fiery and full of life, love and conviction! They left a permanent smile on my face and had me searching for Jake when he's not around.

I missed his character so much, that I skipped pages, to see when he will be back in town. I must say I was sad when the epilogue came around, but I am glad that it contained everything we needed to know and their crazy dynamic in the end is admirable.

I don't know what changed Bethany, but I had no problem accepting her among the folds. Acceptance is a major lesson in this novel and the story of Abby and Jake makes you appreciate what you can and do have in your life.

I honestly can't find any major flaws within this story, as I enjoyed it very much, mostly due to Abby and Jake's fighting, loving and reasoning. They flow together as a couple, and as such, the story flows. Redemption when needed was given and there are numerous tiny moments in this series that helped to make it into the final story it became.

I laughed, I loved, I forgave and I just down right enjoyed this novel. Despite the mess their lives all were and the series of unfortunate events in both their lives, it was a good read. Rape and abuse books seem to be calling out to me like a beacon all week and I am glad that this one also had its on mold and identity.

I loved this story and I am pleased with the progression and the ending. It was just right and I love it!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18278129-the-dark-light-of-day

No comments:

Post a Comment