Saturday 7 September 2013

To Hold By Alessandra Torre


I am blind. I have no clue as to where this story is going, but I just can't seem to stop. Pick a side. Figure it all out. Who is who? Who am I loving? Who am I hating? Will she leave this story alive? Will she even leave with a man? What is going on?

I am filled with so much questions and I am dreading the answers, because I am in a place where I need to know, but I am afraid to find out.

We have spent so much time in the mind of Candy, more than we have conversations or interact with other characters in this novel. But once again, at no point in time do I mind. I am 100% sure that had I not stumble upon this novel when it was complete, I would have gone crazy waiting for the other books to be revealed. Just as you are getting cemented, you are uprooted and thrown for a nine!

I wanna hate Nathan! God knows I do. And I want to love Drew. Honestly, I do. But I am so confused. I don't know who to trust, and the vows that this book is placed from is so serious, I am terrified to continue.

We aren't solving world peace. We aren't even falling in love. We are just navigating this forest that is Candy's life. What brought her to this point and what will take her away? Questions ... so much questions is garnered from this novel and I am tearing down everything to get to book 3, because the stakes are raised and someone is about to get burn!

Development whilst slow, is definitely coming. And we see that so far with each installment, expect something different and a piece more of this novel to fall into place. The luxury of being just a wife is getting to Candy and I can't wait for the blow up. I just really hope she gets the better side when the smoke clears.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18278280-to-hold

No comments:

Post a Comment