Saturday 7 September 2013

To Have By Alessandra Torre


Never have I ever read a book where I don't find out the name of the characters until the literal last page of the novel, and this doesn't phase me in the least! To tell you the truth, I was so caught up in this story, that I was surprised when it ended. I kept looking for more pages.

This is not my first read by this author, and I am starting to see a voyeuristic side to her writing. She likes to either watch, or be watched. And make no mistakes about it, her heroes aren't Christian Grey and there will be no change of heart. It is their way and you will gladly adjust.

I know nothing of the male lead in this novel, other than he is male (obviously), rich (obviously again) and confident beyond all others. Few men can have sex in front of their employees, regardless of their jobs, and this one can do it! While those are vague descriptions of who he is, I feel like I know this mystery man that has probably spoken 5 times in this one sitting. Without a contract, I would have never known his name, but I am still intrigued by this man and can't wait to see what makes him tick! It's like the best treasure hunt game ever!

Candy ... I feel more comfortable calling her this ... is a spicy, loner hooker. H.M Ward should take some notes. This is a prostitute and short series, done in style and class with mystery, intrigue and excitement within four books, and I ain't even pass book 1 yet.

I don't really know this girl either, but I do know that she is going to shake things up and I can't wait to see what this girl gets up to, because I can see trouble on her forehead from a mile away! I am so excited about this novel I am itching to get to book 2.

This is foundation, intrigue, sex and everything that is bad all wrapped up in a 70 page novella. I don't have much yet, but I feel like I have it all. This is merely an introduction to Candy and Mr. Dumont but this entry was smoking hot and I can't wait to get my paws on the others. The definition of promise is this series and I can't wait to dive in!

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18241811-to-have

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this review! If they enjoy book 1 and dislike the miniseries concept, it is also available as a book, titled The Dumont Diaries. ♥♥♥ AT

    ReplyDelete