Tuesday 2 April 2013

On Dublin Street By Samantha Young

Note ... I'd have moved in the penthouse but I get the whole significance of Dublin Street.

So ... this was a change ... #teamJoss!!

I loved the independence that Joss possessed minus the reasons that caused it and how she executed it. She was smart, funny, witty and I could live in  that girl's mind forever and not get bored!

The kind of confessional feel when her therapy sessions would emerge mid situations within chapter was really nice and had me laughing a few times and guessing others. It was refreshing, welcomed and gave just the right reprieve.

James short entrance was like a whirlwind and I totally love James for his bluntness! Friends like that are few and reminds me of my best friend (she'd die if she heard I call her this)!

Rhian, even over the phone, was just as enlightening and I am really sorry that we didn't get more than one face to face scene with her.

Braden Carmichael is a dream! The man is sexy, charming, funny, witty and so intense that even I needed a little Braden breather!

I adored this story line as it was similar but different with it's executions and turns. Even the overbearing scenes were done with finesse so they didn't seem so much.

Whilst the sex scenes were pretty basic (compared to some young adult novels out there), it didn't subtract from the book and the time length and descriptions were satisfying with just the right note.

I loved the relationship Joss had with Ellie and Braden's family, and the whole family was very much welcoming and you could feel that.

Ellie and Adam were a nice little mix to the story and I can't wait to get a peek at their little novella, as I believe they are just as intense.

I was surprised at the outcome, as i thought that crazy Joss story could never possibly end the way it did, afterall, she's Joss!

I appreciated the element of surprises throughout the story and dialogue flowed very easily and never left you bored or trying to edit out unnecessary parts.

All in all, I enjoyed my time on Dublin Street and felt as though Scotland was given a lot of justice by this phenomenal writer who placed a twist on a love story and made it different while satisfying.
The heroine was that - a heroine - and for that, this story kept me interested and guessing trying to see what crazy Joss and Braden would do next.

- http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15760001-on-dublin-street 

No comments:

Post a Comment