Wednesday 13 February 2013

From Rags by Suzanne Wright

Please note, before you read this book, that Ms. Wright is every bit of the sense British!

This book could be used as a reference guide or dictionary for informal British slangs and culture

With my eclectic taste in books, I stumbled onto this one and decide to give it a try.

I'm not one for celebrity books, but this one wasn't so heavy on the whole celeb POV.

However, I still have a love hate relationship with this one.

I must admit I was never confused and only rarely had to put the pieces of a puzzle together (That I never got)

The dangerous parts, seemed not so dangerous thanks to the female protagonist down to earth bordering violent behaviour.

I also found that I was not at all perturbed by the constant change of POV's in this novel.

Also, it is my opinion that this novel borders on being an erotica (not sure if it was suppose to be), but there were an array of thoroughly explained sex scenes, that I will admit didn't bother me in the least!

Every book has there pros and cons ... this one has me struggling in between. I still haven't quite got my footing on this one yet, but I'd say give it a read, it's not too bad !

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16133301-from-rags

No comments:

Post a Comment