Wednesday 6 February 2013

Breathe by Abbi Glines

Hey Guys!

Tryna get back in the swing of things, so I decided to do the books right after I read them, so I don't lose that momentum!

So here goes ...

As this is a debut novel for Ms. Glines, I don't want to sound too harsh, but neither do I want to soften the blow to an unbelievable low.

Breathe was not breathtaking ...

It's the story of a 17 year old girl who should be more mature for her age, based on her numerous amount of activity in her personal life.

However, she finds herself falling in love (too quickly for my taste) with a teen rock star (who I've only heard soul or pop music from) who is staying in their form of the 'Hamptons' for a summer (yes, literally 2 months!)

This was a shallow, confusing story that had little if any character development.

I hardly knew the protagonist love interest that seem to rule her every breathe. Even with him being present, I just couldn't feel it (Edward and Bella, from the movie part, had more chemistry that these two).

The series of events were scattered, the emotions were flat and I found myself falling asleep alot!

You get a couple laughs here and there, but overall, this story was a bore and very unrealistic if you ask me!

I try not to be a quitter, especially when it comes to books, but this one that I was really anticipating to read, didn't do it for me personally.

If you are into quick love stories, without any intensity, then this is the book for you!

Have at it!


No comments:

Post a Comment