Friday 11 January 2013

Rule by Jay Crownover

Rule ................

Shaw ...................

Ok ... So I have officially become one of those crazy persons that read books to god awful hours of the night and in turn write book reviews for such .

My latest conquest, is Rule by Jay Crownover.

I don't put writers in category, cause let's face it, writers are writers.

So whilst I have never read anything from Ms. Crownover, whom I hear is being called a new indie writer, I will say it was .... fair.

The story line while being the same as most bad boy fiction, was different.

We weren't only shown anger, hate, love and sex, but we were shown lives.

Whilst not in their 30s and 40s, they had it figured out.

No one guessed what they wanted and no one was unsure of their position in the world (Atleast not too long).

I thought this book honored a death in an unnatural but satisfying way.

I don't think there was ever a chapter without a Remy reference, but it wasn't over killed with grief and depression.

I also loved the fact that even after 17 chapters and an epilogue, Rule was still the smart mouth, free spirit and honest guy that we initially met.

He was not forced to say ' I love yous' all day and spout sentimental crap to show a change.

Whilst his change was small, compared to our usual bad boys heroes, it was effective and just right!

One thing I definitely can't leave out were the piercings! I'm a piercings kinda girl myself, so I wasn't too into the tattoo side, but  my word was my Wikipedia working overtime to find and see these piercings!

Pretty hardcore for me, but such a refreshing element to the book.

Anyways, I think I can safely say it was a solid plot with just one major shock and piercings to make you flush for days!

Thanks Ms. Crownover, for a solid read!


http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17200687-rule

No comments:

Post a Comment